We know that the inevitable factor of change keeps life interesting, but also challenging. When I consider the past few years of my own life, the situations have been fluidly changing but my “to-do” list is almost always a constant in length. The encouraging thing in my mind is that my never-die work ethic to be productive and be involved hasn’t wavered. The struggle, however, is teetering the line of burnout when trying to balance work and life. Also, keeping upbeat and having a positive attitude toward the daily aspects of the grind can become more difficult as the sport seasons or responsibilities go on and on without rest for the weary athletic trainers.
If you are feeling a little worn out and perhaps not quite your usual self, let me suggest that you take the time to read a small book that that could possibly change your life forever. I know, I know…why am I asking you to do then one more thing that takes up time from busy life? It’s a very short, easy read and the story demonstrates the pearls of wisdom in a way that keeps you interested to read it from cover to cover in one sitting. The book is titled The Energy Bus by Jon Gordon. The 10 valuable rules to fuel your life are:
1. You’re the driver of the bus.
2. Desire, vision and focus move your bus in the right direction.
3. Fuel your ride with positive energy
4. Invite people on your bus and share your vision for the road ahead.
5. Don’t waste your energy on those who don’t get on your bus.
6. Post a sign that says “No energy vampires allowed” on your bus.
7. Enthusiasm attracts more passengers and energized then during the ride.
8. Love your passengers.
9. Drive with purpose.
10. Have fun and enjoy the ride.