Thursday, April 23, 2015

Current Events by Kimber Rodgers

There have been a lot of legislative initiatives recently.  Many of which will affect athletic trainers.  There are some others that will also affect teachers in the public schools.  If you are a secondary school athletic trainer, like me, you could possibly be affected by all of these.

This has definitely opened my eyes to several things!  I will admit, in the past, when I receive an e-blast from NATA or SWATA I usually read the subject line then delete it.  After becoming more involved and becoming a member of the Young Professionals’ Committee, I have made a conscious effort to read all of the communication I receive.  I never realized what I had been missing out on!  There is so much information conveyed in those e-blasts!


Recently, a friend of mine got a new job, and when discussing salary with his employers, they used the NATA salary survey “like it was the Bible.”  However, a majority of athletic trainers licensed and certified did not participate in the survey.  How will we get an accurate picture of the profession as a whole if we, the members, are not willing to provide our input?

No comments: