Friday, August 22, 2008

What a week!?!

I don't know about you, but this is what my week has felt like. I apologize in advance, because this will be short. Please forgive me :)

Between bad weather (everyday), torn up fields and change of contest venues, I have had to be a miracle worker.

I know people often underestimate the amount and extent of our role in athletics, but incidents like these definitely make people thankful for us.

So if you have had a rough week, just hang in there! Keep up the good work! It may go un-acknowledged, but I promise it never goes unrecognized!



On another note-I have a conference call on Monday with the NATA Young Professionals Committee to discuss our Community Service and San Antonio Programming. I will report back to you in the coming weeks!

Have a great restful weekend!

5 comments:

Elizabeth Heyer Roberts M.Ed. ATC LAT said...

It has been a crazy stressful week...I am glad that I am not the only one who has. Has anyone ever had trouble with football coaches because they felt you were to young and a woman? I guess that was the start of a bad week for me.

Carissa Spraberry M Ed, ATC, LAT said...

My coaching issue this week has been with UIL rules interpretations and meals. Lots of fun!
I'm sorry you are having to deal with that. Male or female, we all receive the same education, so that should be a non-issue.
It IS difficult being "younger" and trying to familiarize yourself with a new job and a new staff. They get accustomed to one person and one way of doing things and aren't always willing to adjust.
Just stand your ground and you will quickly earn their respect.
I'm sure many of us have had that issue come up, but hang in there. You will quickly show them how knowledgeable you are!

DJ Gililland said...

I too had a very stressful week. Much like Carissa, we too faced venue changes and bad weather, but the most exciting aspect of all the stress was a main gas line leak at our alternative practice site yesterday. We hall out entire football team 10 miles south of campus, only to find out once we get there the field is closed dues to a ruptured gas line. Needless to say, we packed up all our stuff and headed back to practice on our torn up fields. As they say...this too shall pass and I am looking forward to the first day of class and a somewhat regular schedule! DJ Gililland MSEd., ATC, LAT
Head Athletic Trainer
Hardin-Simmons Univeristy

Carissa Spraberry M Ed, ATC, LAT said...

"I am looking forward to the first day of class and a somewhat regular schedule!"

Can I get an AMEN!!! Who knew that I would one day so anticipate the first day of school :)

Elizabeth Heyer Roberts M.Ed. ATC LAT said...

I am so happy about the first day but also nervious about teaching high school students for the first time ever!