Thursday, April 9, 2009

Are you a member?



I know. It's silly (and slightly monotone). You get the point, though.
There are so many benefits to being a member of NATA & SWATA, and so few to not being a member.

I believe that behavior is learned.

I learned from my parents that I shouldn't act like a fool, especially not at church.

I learned from my teachers the value of an agile mind.

I learned from my girl scout troop that there is strength in numbers. It's hard to turn down one cute girl scout, but it's nearly impossible to turn down 5.

I learned from my mentor athletic trainers the importance of being professional, and educated, and being a part of the bigger picture.

I know that not everyone got these same lessons, but I will matriculate you now!

Be a member, and make it matter! There are big issues right now, and it is more important than ever to participate.

Are you tired of my preaching?
Well I wouldn't have to do this if we were all members, now would I? :)

If you ARE a member of NATA, then be sure to check out my blog on the NATA Young Professionals Blog about the Houston Avon Walk for Breast Cancer and athletic trainers!

1 comment:

Kelley Henderson said...

Amen! I too believe that behavior is learned and students are going to do what those above them do and if we as young professionals never join...well, what will happen to the students? I could tell my students that I thought it was a good idea to play in the street and they would do it. However, I am a little brighter than that and I told them all to join NATA. We are fortunate at TCU and can fund their membership but most have continued to keep it current on their own because they realize the importance. So be that person to someone and tell them what a great idea it is to join!