Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Sorry!

Hey everyone, looks like my last blog had some technical difficulties!  I apologize for that, I really don't know why the formatting screwed all up... :/
Anyway, I just copied and pasted a link from ESPN about Marcus Lattimore's injury.  I'm sure all of you heard by now the rumors of a broken fibula are not true.  He did suffer a dislocation (that was obvious from the game highlight) and some ligament damage.  I would recommend trying to get the highlight video for anyone who is teaching care and prevention or assessment in an ATEP.  The relocation was done very well and could be a great tool to teach.  You could also use it as a tool for shock assessment/care.
I'm not making light of this horrific injury.  I am very proud that the ATC's and medical staff at South Carolina responded so well.  I think it gives a great name to our profession, and I think it's because of us that athletes like Marcus are able to return to play.  I'm praying for a speedy and very healthy recovery for him, and for comfort for his family.

No comments: